Thursday, February 27, 2020

WHAT TO WEAR: casual summer with a leopard print shirt and white cotton top

Hello blog. Longtime since you have heard from me, I know.

I am bored tonight, and I decided to say hi again in the most superficial way possible in the form of a fashion "inspiration board"///make it modest type of post. It is 2020 now. Crazy, right? But I don't feel like explaining my absence or my personal life, or my Islam tonight (forgive) so this is the best I have to offer right now.

It is the world of Instagram these days, and Tiktok, and youtube, and blogs seem so old-school...but...I like antique and old things. I browse Instagram though:), and I did love this outfit by a classic European insta-girl @jestem_kasia :
The leopard skirt, basket, and simple white cotton shirt just seemed so fresh and summery! (Of course it is winter now, but I live in Muscat, Oman now, not Canada anymore, and so, winter in Oman is like summer in Canada.

I found the white cotton tunic dress in my inspiration board from Riva (www.rivafashion.com) and I own a long leopard skirt that is vintage that I wear already. I am big on trying to be sustainable these days, and I love vintage, and I love baskets. I don't personally own a French market bag, or a wicker basket like the European insta set, but I do have palm frond baskets from Oman from @alejtyah who hand-makes them.

I would probably still wear an abaya on top of this leaving my yard but:) I do like the look of it. Nice and cool.

No comments: